Itâs not unusual for a person to think theyâre doing worse than they actually are. Some of us are just pessimistic. Progress can also be hard to see sometimes unless youâre looking in the right places for it.
If you feel like youâre working hard with little to show for it, youâre probably mistaken. Itâs likely that youâre doing a lot better than you think!
Consider these positive signs:
1. You learn the lesson that each mistake and failure provide. If you can learn something from every failure and mistake, it wonât take long before youâre incredibly successful.
â¦ Most people repeat their errors over and over, whether itâs overspending or choosing a partner. People have a strong tendency to repeat their behaviors. But you can choose to act differently than you did the last time you were in a similar situation!
2. Youâre clear on what you want. This can be half the battle. You have a huge advantage over the competition if you know what you want. Most people are aimlessly floating through life.
3. You spend your time wisely. Spend your time well and good things happen. Spend your time poorly and your life will be a train wreck.
â¦ When deciding what youâre going to do next, ask yourself what the best use of your time would be. Then, do it.
4. Youâre making regular progress. Consistent progress is a great sign. Even if you feel like youâre lightyears from your goal, all you need is regular progress. Many people have been dieting for years and havenât lost a single pound. Even a pound of weight loss each month is meaningful over a period of time.
5. Youâre consistent in your efforts. Successful people put in some work on a daily basis. Success isnât about working really hard for a day here and there.
â¦ Being consistent in your efforts also means that youâre sticking to your goals. Working for a week on one goal and then changing your mind and working on something else is a path to nowhere.
6. Youâre not alone. There are people that are alone in the world. If youâre not alone, youâre doing better than many others.
7. Youâre optimistic. When youâre optimistic, thereâs hope. When youâre optimistic, youâll take action.
â¦ Conversely, when your expectations are low, you quickly become stuck, because you believe your efforts will be a waste of time.
8. Youâre determined. Commitment is a great sign that youâre going places. Good things happen when youâre determined.
9. Youâre not worried about the opinions of others. If you care too much about what others think, youâll prefer to play it safe, and you wonât do anything significant. You can leave them and their opinions in the dust behind you!
10. You have a dry, warm place to sleep. If youâve ever had to go without this, you know how nice this is. If you donât have to deal with this situation, then youâre doing better than you think.
11. You have a job. A steady income is a great thing. Many people either canât find work or are unable to maintain employment. Even if youâre earning less than youâd like, itâs a lot better than earning nothing at all.
12. Youâre healthy. If youâre basically healthy, you have a huge leg up on a lot of people. Good health is a huge blessing.
Our society is easy in many ways and quite challenging in others. A high priority is placed on success, but there are other things that are also important. Friends, a warm bed, and a job are pretty relevant, too.
If youâre clear on what youâre trying to accomplish, and youâre spending your time wisely, youâre doing quite well. This is true even if the results havenât revealed themselves yet. Have faith!